Full-stack engineer / UI architect
I'm a full-stack engineer and UI architect with extensive experience developing elegant, enterprise-grade web applications. I specialize in building high-performance data visualization tools and dashboards.
From 2015 to 2020, I designed and developed web applications for a medical-grade wearable device, using React, Redux and D3.
- Article: Building a configuration UI for a wearable device
- Article: Developing custom data visualizations for a biometric system
From 2020 to 2023, I developed dashboards and mapping tools for a warehouse automation system, using TypeScript, React, GraphQL and WebSockets.
- Are you back-end or front-end? It's hard to tell.
- I'm both! I can build APIs and UIs at the same time.
- Which do you prefer?
- You have a lot of design experience.
- Indeed! I started my career as a news designer before moving into UI design and then into engineering. Today, my design skills make me a better engineer.
- What's your favorite charting library?
- What's the big deal about GraphQL?
- Good question. Let's discuss this in person.
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Yes! I play piano and make bowls.
- Where are you?
- I live in the Boston area with my wife, twin children and dog.
Connect with me
Find me on LinkedIn